Sunday, December 6, 2009

About This Page

On this page that is linked from my blog, you will find some of my writing from EN151- my writing studio. On the right side there is a little box with links that can take you quickly to each different written piece. This is my first one, my about page, which is followed by my reflections piece. In my reflections I talk about where I have seen improvement, where I struggled or did very well, what I enjoyed, and how I feel overall about the course. Also, I have included a hint of advice for incoming students who have to take this course for a different semester.

Under my reflections is my latest in class writing. We were given three pieces of paper with a random word listed on each. We were to write a story about a character who possessed these items and how this character came to have them. Then we traded to receive three new ones, and we had to follow the same concept, except that this character had to be as far different as possible from the first one. In the last part, these two characters meet, and we were to tell the story of how this possibly came to be. I included this piece because I feel like it shows the most free-form of creativity that I have as of right now. In earlier ones, I tried too hard to find the creativity that I was often stuck.

Next is my research paper written on the Rococo Era. In this writing I included information about the Baroque Era before, how the Rococo formed, what it mainly consisted of, and also touched on the following Neoclassical Era. Included are several art pieces to give examples of the different stages so that the readers can visualize what my descriptions look like.

A homework paper follows that was a response to the articles Between Art and Architecture. I chose this homework assignment because it was one of my favorites and therefore I considered it to be one of my best. The article contained a lot of passion which really drew me in, and so my reaction was also made up of emotion.

My Critiquing Blink was my final response to the novel by Malcolm Gladwell where I reread through all of my responses throughout the book and created a final critique on it. Blink was an excellent book I believe and I feel like I did a pretty fine job on my critique of it as well.

The last included writing is my process analysis paper. This paper was by far my absolute favorite that I have ever written. I have a passion for Starbucks and am a frequent customer of theirs. I had the opportunity to be creative with it and make my paper really fun- so that is what I did.

Enjoy reading through my work! I would love any feedback with opinions or questions. I think that my voice is really starting to develop and I feel like it is beginning to show through all of my writings, even though they are all on different topics. Let me know what you think!

1 comment: